Thursday, March 01, 2007

God's Greatest Gift is Rest

Hebrews 4:1 speaks of the rest God intends for His children.
Matthew 11:28 tells us that rest comes through Jesus.
Today,by God's grace my soul tasted that rest.

Oasis of My Soul (March 1, 2007)

In the arms of Jesus,
My soul finds its truest rest.
He lives, He reigns, He needs me not,
Only to be and rest and care not.

For once, my soul finds its peace.
In knowing that my Father holds me.
He has all things in control,
Including me, my life, my circumstances.

I do not have to worry.
I do not have to strive.
Sweet Jesus carries this soul
Through sin and toil and death.
My Jesus holds me tightly,
Though all around me sway
The thickness of the darkness
That blinds the light of day.

Sweet Jesus, hold me tightly,
Please never let me go.
Let me stay within your safe arms
Till silent seas be mine.

You who calmed the storming sea,
You calm my broken heart,
I’m Yours, my heart it sings so strong,
Yours until this earth I 'ere depart.

Forevermore I’m with Thee,
Forevermore I stay.
Sweet Jesus, grant me this one thing
My soul to stay at bay.

No comments: