"Resignation is a begrudging existence, one based in not believing the best of God. [It] operates out of a mind-set that God has finite resources - a God of scarcity and not abundance - as though if one person gets blessed, that diminishes our chances of being similarly blessed." - Carolyn McCulley, Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?
"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us." Romans 5:3-5
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights." Habakkuk 3:17-19
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am noticing themes
And what themes would that be, Brian?
Post a Comment