Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Prayer

Hear my cry, Oh God!
Listen to my plea for deliverance
From my fleshly heart of stone.

My Creator,
I’m hungry for more than this.
Please satisfy me.
Please be to me a fountain of living water.

Tear the broken cisterns out of my hands,
and replace them with the hands of Jesus,
or a jar of perfume to pour at Jesus’ feet.
Cast my idols of worldly pleasure and distraction to the floor.

Remove the scales from my eyes
That I might see your glory
To taste and see that

You Are Good.

Purify my heart
Laden with sin, anxious thoughts, and burdens
These not mine to bear,
No, but Christ, His burden light.
Cleanse and make me new
That I may see You
Though only now in part
But soon in full.

Be the Light of my Eyes
the Beat of my Heart
the Breath of my Life.

May Christ,
His joy, His grief, His life
Be mine in richest fullness,
He whose joy is full.

Hear my cry, Oh God!
My Interceder Pleads for me before Your Throne.

No comments: